Friday, December 7, 2012

Night Photography With Motion

For this photography project I chose to do night photography. In my photographs, there is motion represented in each of my pictures. I wanted to incorporate bright colors that were blurred at night by having a long shutter exposure. Four of my images are very similar, and I got them by having someone drive for me as I took the picture out of the sunroof of my car. I had two that are from the front of the car, and two are at the side of my car as I was driving by. The other two pictures I took downtown on a street corner, but they also show some sort of motion. I chose that street corner because there is usually a lot of traffic and I thought it would be a good way to capture motion at night. For all the pictures I took, I used the ‘bulb’ setting to have a long exposure. Two of the images that were taken downtown I took on a tripod, the other four I took by just placing my camera out of my sunroof and just resting on the car.
I really enjoy night photography, and thought it would be interesting to do my project on it. What I didn’t really realize is how challenging it is to take photographs at night, even though I have the proper equipment to take the pictures. It was definitely not as easy as I thought it would have been, but I am glad I chose night photography. I also chose to take pictures at a busy intersection in Albuquerque at night and having the traffic lights be blurred to show the motion. I really love the atmosphere downtown, and I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to capture how busy it can sometimes be downtown. A lot of time and effort went into taking these pictures, and I am very happy the way they turned out.

                                     






No comments:

Post a Comment