Monday, October 15, 2012

DAVID BENTLEY

This portraiture assignment attempted to capture what life would be like when my pregnant wife gave birth.  The first few photos show an empty house awaiting the arrival of baby.  The last two photos move to the hospital and show a picture of me waiting for the baby, and the last with my wife and I after the baby has arrived.  I decided to implement a unique effect of lowering the saturation making everything nearly black and white except for the blue (and in some cases green) tones.  I wanted to do this, one because we were having a son and blue is considered a boy color, and two because blue is a cold color and I thought that the cold blue colors in my images of a cold, empty house would complement each other.









3 comments:

  1. I love these photos! You masterfully captured a wonderful narrative and a wonderful moment of your life. Your baby is so adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea behind your collection is charming and sweet. You can feel the excitement in the beginning photos that turns into anticipation then anxiety, then joy. The order you chose for these I believe was a key decision that made them successful. The emotions would not have flowed as well if we had see the baby first. I love that you know right away that you are expecting a boy by the color you chose to pull out, and that the color is what we focus on through the entire collection. I am amazed at how you captured a portrait of a specific person who only actually shows up in one image. That is very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you do these works? It's awesome! I like blue tone of the pictures! and also I'm very impressed by the story what you want to tell us. I think that it is very well organized. Congratulation!

    ReplyDelete