Monday, October 15, 2012

Georgia Weiss-Elliott

So my initial theme to connect my eight portraits consisted of "secret/second identity + chair". Two photos of each (four) of my models, the first being their every day lives in relation to a chair, and, in the second photo, how that relationship (with the chair) changes in accordance with their second identity. An example of this would be how a woman uses a chair when she's a student, and how she uses a chair as a dancer. Ultimately, this idea gave way (as my models fell away) to the conceptions and stories of youth. The boring and the exciting and the constructions of futures. I hope my photos can intrigue you, enjoy!










2 comments:

  1. I love your use of triangular angles and lines. You took photos that look as though they are chaotic but your eye focuses on a clear subject rather than multiple subjects, which makes the very successful images. I especially like the one where your model is sitting on a chair. It looks very editorial. My only suggestion would be to not emphasize on the chair theme so much and maybe go for showing the everyday lives of your subjects because the chair creates the composition of line but your subjects create the atmosphere for the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful is the one word that comes to mind that I think completely sums up this work! First off your composition is stunning and flawless on every shot, but not only that, your ability to capture the sheer essence of your subjects is perfect as well. I felt like with every shot I was able to relate to the person and connect with their activity, even though I may have never done that particular action before, i.e. breakdancing. The lighting on the subject gave the most personality I think possible to each shot. I was very intrigued by each photo and wanted to star longer at them than the time we were allotted to. This is professional calibre work in my mind! If a collection done like this was published, I'd definitely buy!

    ReplyDelete