Monday, October 15, 2012

Evan White

For this first creative assignment I chose to unify the portraiture images under a theme of nature being an extension of the self and also nature being an enveloping force of the human figure. I draped my subject in soft neutral cloths and featured her bare skin against various natural settings. I also entangled her, in some of these images, in various pieces of natural vegetation to illustrate the connection between the human form and nature. Warming her skin tone and the setting a little gave her a goddess look. Also by doing this she displays the image of a mother and child of the earth. Overall I unified the body and nature in these following images.  












3 comments:

  1. I have to admit that I tend to be partial to black and white images, but the colors in your collection are so perfect that I don't think they would have worked as well without color. Your message can be seen without the viewer being told what it's supposed to be. The way you positioned her body, dress, and the environment around her all work amazingly well together. Every image in your collection is beautiful and could stand alone, but work so well as a collection. I agree (from the critique) that those three in the middle are almost too similar. And, from seeing the images you chose, I'd love to see some more the give the collection more diversity. I think you did an excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colors he chose! These photos are gorgeous!

      Delete
  2. The colors in these photos work very well to help convey your theme. My favorites are the pictures with the trees. The color of her hair and her skin tone are more neutral and almost match the color of the ground. Against these colors the leaves and her eyes stand out and attract your attention.

    ReplyDelete