Monday, October 15, 2012

Mina Lim

My overall theme is melancholy of the fall. I want express feeling of the fall, so I use elements which related to images of fall like pumpkin, reeds, and fallen leaves and I also often use orange color. I choose four color pictures because there are dominant color contrast in these pictures. Especially 4th picture of the color pictures, I want express contrast richness of various fruits with loneliness of her face. In black&white pictures, I want express more lonely through the black&white picture.









3 comments:

  1. The four color photos are definitely the strongest! I love the color palette you chose and how lonely they all feel--you nailed what you were going for in those. I really would have liked to see the fifth image in color as well, the composition on that one is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a very good job of creating a melancholy feel. The girl's expression and her lack of eye contact help to make them feel this way. I really like the third picture. It gives you the feeling of complete loneliness and isolation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You take gorgeous photos. I love the idea of capturing the melancholy of fall. Your idea was close to pulling through and creating a strong mood, but it came out muted. In some ways I think this adds to the mood you were trying to create. Melancholy is a very subtle emotion and is not very bold or spelled out. I would say to try to bring your idea out more in the photo, but at the same time I think you did by creating a subtle mood. The more I see these photos, I do get a sense of that seasonal sadness. I look forward to seeing more of your photographs!

    ReplyDelete